In this course, you will learn how to identify bacterial isolates using genome sequence. Please read the following materials first.
- Bacterial species concept
- Tutorial on how to use genome sequence for the identification of bacterial strains
Now, try to identify the following strains (genome sequences) using the approach described above (take two). Then, discuss the species that you have identified (significance to the humanity or nature). How confident are you for your identification decision?
- A bacterial strain isolated from cheese: WAPHL_LIS_A00032 (download)
- A bacterial strain isolated from a patient with diarrhea: B33 (download)
- A bacterial strain isolated from a patient with sepsis: MO6-24/O (download)
Updated on Sept. 15, 2018 / JC